When you’re pregnant, a good night’s sleep is hard to come by. That’s why many expectant mothers invest in a pregnancy pillow. But with so many different types and sizes on the market, it can be hard to know which one is right for you. Here are a few things to consider before making your purchase.
What to Look for in a Pregnancy Pillow
First, think about the size of the pillow. You want something that will support your growing belly, but that won’t take up too much space in bed. Second, consider the filling. Some pregnancy pillows are filled with down or feathers, while others are made of memory foam. Down is typically more traditional and luxurious, but memory foam conforms to your body and may be more comfortable as your pregnancy progresses. Third, think about the shape of the pillow. Some are designed for side-sleepers, while others provide full-body support. And finally, don’t forget about the cover! Make sure it’s machine-washable so you can keep it fresh and clean throughout your pregnancy.
Now we are going to go through all the details that will help you find and buy the right pregnancy pillow for you depending on your needs
4 Parameters to Consider Before Buying Pregnancy Pillow
Choosing the perfect pregnancy pillow can be a daunting task. There are so many different factors to consider, from sleeping position to size to shape to material. Here are 4 things to keep in mind as you shop for the perfect pregnancy pillow:
1. Sleeping position: Do you sleep on your back, side, or stomach? This will dictate the type of pillow you need. For example, if you sleep on your stomach, you’ll need a thinner pillow that won’t impede your movement during the night. Another thing to consider is the size of the pillow. You’ll want to make sure it’s large enough to support your growing belly, but not so large that it takes up too much space in bed. Finally, you’ll want to think about the filling. Some pregnancy pillows are filled with down feathers, while others are filled with memory foam. It’s really a matter of personal preference. Whichever type of pillow you choose, make sure it’s comfortable and supportive so you can get a good night’s sleep.
2. Size: In order to choose the right size for you, there are a few things you’ll need to take into consideration. First, think about how large your bed is. If you have a king size bed, you’ll obviously opt in for a larger pillow than someone who has a twin size bed. Second, think about how much movement you want to be able to do while you’re sleeping. If you need to be able to shift around a lot, a smaller pillow might be better. However, if you’re ok with being in one position for the entire night, a larger pillow might be more comfortable.
3. Shape: Pregnancy pillows also come in a variety of shapes. Some are traditional rectangular pillows, while others are shaped like a C shape, U Shape and long full body shape.Choosing the sape depends on your sleep position. I have a full guide HERE.
4. Material: Pregnancy pillows can be filled with a variety of materials, from foam to down to grains. Once again, consider your needs and choose the material that will best provide support and comfort. Polyester fiberfill is a popular pregnancy pillow filling because it is inexpensive and easy to find on the markets. Microbeads are also often used in pregnancy pillows, as they provide a soft, squishy filling that is still supportive. Finally, polyfoam is one of the newest materials used for pregnancy pillow filling. It is less common than the other materials, but it can still provide good support and comfort.
I will recommend going for the memory foam – as it contours to the body and provides support without being too firm.
4 Recommended Pregnancy Pillows: High Rated Pillows According to Moms-to-be
Believe me, a good pregnancy pillow is truly a godsend. Not only can it help to provide support for your growing belly, but it can also alleviate some of the aches and pains that come along with pregnancy. Furthermore, they provide so much comfort during those long nights when you just can’t seem to get comfortable.
But with so many different options on the market, it can be hard to know which one is right for you. That’s why we’ve compiled a list of the best pregnancy pillows according to moms-to-be. From traditional u-shaped pillows to more innovative options, there’s sure to be a pregnancy pillow that’s perfect for you.
Listed below are 4 types of pregnancy pillows that are highly rated by experienced moms:
U Shaped Pregnancy Pillow
One of the most recommended pregnancy pillows by doctors. The U shape provides support for your back, neck, and belly all at once. It’s ideal for pregnant women who suffer from back pain or who want to avoid rolling onto their backs during the night. You can buy this type of pillow online or at some stores that sell maternity products. Some U shaped pregnancy pillows come with a removable cover for easy cleaning.
Amazon Best Seller U shape Pillow
C shape Pregnancy Pillow
This pillow is similar to the u shaped pillow, but it’s smaller and more maneuverable. It’s perfect for pregnant women who want something less bulky than a full body pillow. The C shape also provides support for your back and hips, making it a great option for all types of pregnancy pillows.
Amazon Best Seller C shape Pillow
Wedge Pregnancy Pillow
If you’re struggling with heartburn or indigestion, a wedge pillow can help to prop up your head and torso, taking pressure off of your stomach. By keeping your upper body elevated, the wedge pillow can help to reduce the symptoms of heartburn and indigestion. The wedge pillow is also great for providing support for your back and belly. By placing the pillow under your belly, you can help to alleviate some of the pressure that can build up during pregnancy. The wedge pillow is a versatile tool that can be used throughout pregnancy to help provide relief from a variety of symptoms.
Recommended Wedge pillow (as tested by many moms, read the reviews!)
Full Body Ergonomic Pregnancy Pillow
If you’re looking for a pillow that will support your whole body, an ergonomic full body pillow is a great option. These pillows are designed to contour to your body, providing support for your neck, back, and belly. They’re also great for pregnant women, as they can help to provide support for the baby during pregnancy and reduce discomfort. Ergonomic pillows are also often recommended by chiropractors as a way to reduce pain and improve your posture.
BBHugme Ergonomic Full Body Pregnancy Pillow:
Sleeping Tips for All Moms-to-Be
As a mom-to-be, you’re probably anxious about getting enough sleep during pregnancy. Here are three Sleeping that can help you get the rest you need:
- First, avoid spicy foods. Spicy dishes can cause heartburn and indigestion, which can keep you awake at night.
- Second, Sleeping on your side will help relieve pressure on your back and hips.
- Super important issue is your sleep hygiene. Sleep hygiene refers to the habits and practices that can help to promote better sleep. For pregnant women, there are a few key things to keep in mind. First, it is important to create a cool, dark, and quiet environment in the bedroom. This will help to signal to the body that it is time to sleep. Also, it is helpful to establish a regular bedtime routine that includes winding down for 30 minutes before sleep.
- And finally, avoid lying flat on your back. This position can cause pressure on your blood vessels and may lead to dizziness or lightheadedness.
Well mamas, there you have it. The Pregnancy Pillow Buying Guide! We hope that this guide has been helpful in steering you towards the perfect pregnancy pillow for your needs. And now, I wish you all good night sleep tight, and dream of baby snuggles.