Getting a good night’s sleep is crucial when pregnant. I know from my experience that not only are you dealing with a growing human inside you, but you’re also dealing with all the hormonal changes that accompany pregnancy. Additionally, you probably have to get up several times a night in order to go to the bathroom, which will add to your fatigue. I guess it is no wonder that so many pregnant women are exhausted all the time because of their pregnancy!
As a matter of fact, from my own experience, I have found that one of the most effective ways to get some restful sleep when pregnant is to use a pregnancy pillow. These pillows are designed to provide support and comfort for pregnant women, and they can make a world of difference when it comes to getting a good night’s sleep. During this blog post, we will take a look at why it is necessary to buy a pregnancy pillow. We will also look out for what you should look out for when shopping for the perfect pregnancy pillow for a great night’s sleep.
Why You Need a Pregnancy Pillow?
Pregnancy pillows are designed to support your growing belly and offer relief from common pregnancy aches and pains. They can also help position your body for more comfortable (and less disruptive) sleep. While you can certainly get by without a pregnancy pillow, many women find that they make sleeping during pregnancy much easier. Here are some of the reasons why you might want to consider using one:
Relieves back pain
Many pregnant women suffer from back pain, particularly in the third trimester when their belly is at its largest. A pregnancy pillow can help alleviate this pain by providing support for your back and belly at the same time.
Reduces leg cramps
Leg cramps are common during pregnancy, especially in the second and third trimesters. By placing a pillow between your legs, you can keep your legs aligned and take some of the pressure off of your muscles.
Helps you sleep on your side
Sleeping on your left side is recommended during pregnancy in order to improve circulation to both you and your baby. A pregnancy pillow can help you stay in this position by providing support for your belly and breasts.
Keeps you cool
Some pregnant women find it difficult to stay cool at night due to their increased body temperature. A cooling pillow or one made from breathable material can help with this by providing airflow and wicking away moisture.
Here are some tips on how to get the rest you need during pregnancy
- Invest in a good pillow. A supportive pillow can make all the difference when it comes to getting comfortable and getting some rest. We recommend the Queen Rose Pregnancy Pillow. It’s specifically designed to support your growing belly and your back, so you can sleep soundly through the night.
- Set up a comfortable sleep environment. Make sure your room is dark, cool, and quiet. Consider investing in a white noise machine or earplugs to block out any outside noise that might disturb your sleep.
- Establish a bedtime routine. Just like with kids, a bedtime routine can help signal to your body that it’s time to wind down and prepare for sleep. Take awarm bath, brush your teeth, and read a book before getting into bed each night. This will help you relax and drift off to sleep more easily.
- Avoid caffeine and eating large meals before bedtime. Both of these can disrupt your sleep and make it harder to fall asleep or stay asleep through the night. If you need a little pick-me-up during the day, try herbal tea instead of coffee or soda. And eat dinner early so your body has time to digest before bedtime rolls around.
- Get up and move around during the day. Exercise can help improve your energy levels and sleeping at night, so aim for 30 minutes of moderate exercise each day – even if it’s just a brisk walk around the neighborhood or some light stretching at home. Just be sure to avoid working out too close to bedtime, as this can have the opposite effect and leave you feeling wired when it’s time to turn in for the night.
Which Pregnancy Pillow Should You Buy?
Now that we’ve looked at some of the reasons why you might want to use a pregnancy pillow, let’s take a look at some of the different types that are available so that you can choose the best one for your needs. Here are some of the most popular options:
Full-body pillows – Best for back pain
These pillows provide head-to-toe support, making them ideal for those who suffer from back pain or have trouble sleeping on their side. They’re also great for couples who want to share a bed while pregnant (just be sure to get one big enough for both of you!).
U-shaped pillows – Best for overall body support
These pillows provide support for your head, neck, back, belly, and legs all at once. They’re great for all-over relief from aches and pains, and they minimize disruptions when you move around in bed thanks to their shape (hence the name “U-shaped”).
Wedge pillows – Best compact and good for treavel
If you’re looking for something more compact, wedge pillows are small pillows that provide targeted support for specific areas like your back or belly. They’re often used in conjunction with other types of pillows for maximum comfort.
Still not sure which type of pillow is right for you? Don’t worry – we gather here the top 3 pregnancy pillows, rated my moms worldwide on amazon Here
Few Final Words
Pregnancy brings about many changes – some good, some not so good. One particular change that can be difficult to adjust to is sleepless nights spent tossing and turning thanks to an ever-growing belly (not to mention leg cramps, back pain, and endless trips to the bathroom). But there is hope! Investing in a good pregnancy pillow can make all the difference when it comes time to catch some much-needed Zzzs during pregnancy.. So mama, what are you waiting for?